Monday, March 9, 2015

Date with a Mingle-Man

A Little Story...and it is so worth sharing!

I decided to share last week's announced post next Monday because, believe it or not, I went on a date lately with a guy who completely fit the profile of the mingle-man. So I thought: Perfect timing to make a post about it!

Here it goes:

I was on a date with a guy who came up to me on the street in the middle of the day. It does not happen a lot that guys have the courage to randomly walk up to a girl and ask her out. I, therefore, thought to myself: Why not meeting up with him after the courage he showed? During the first 30 minutes of the date I already knew that this was not leading anywhere!
He totally fit the pattern of the mingle-man and I actually had to laugh because I am currently blogging about this topic. First of all, this guy obviously never heard of the word courtesy and if he did, he obviously does not get the meaning of it!

Just to give you a quick summary of this, again, very painful experience: He schlepped me around the city because he needed to buy a new scent; me traipsing behind him because I was wearing heels and he did not deem it as appropriate to wait for me (I mean, of course, we weren't on a date but on a shopping spree right?) Finally, he asked me for a spare Euro to pay for the perfume we picked together.

But here comes the best part...

When we sat down in a bar and started chatting for the first time, he bluntly told me to my face that with 26 he feels like he is too young for a relationship and that he mostly loses interest after dating a girl multiple times. I couldn't believe how much space there was for romance after he told me that! At least I can say now: Thank you for letting me know in advance. That saves me a lot of time, trouble and sleepless nights!
During the rest of the date I was very relaxed, since in my mind he was already placed into the category ' Not THE guy'. I even told him bluntly that I feel that most guys under 30 are rather immature and I generally did not try to impress him at all. When the date ended, I obviously knew that I did not want to see him again and was very surprised that he actually asked me on a second date the next day.

I could not help but wonder: Did he actually like it that I told him bluntly what I thought of him? And do I tend to make the mistake of 'trying too hard to be amazing' with guys I actually do like?


Your Janessa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment